Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 10: The Art of Elysium

Switching gears, I want to write about something a little lighter and happier. This is the tenth day of my 13 Days to Thanksgiving and the pressure is mounting to select my last four organizations to talk about.

So, I am taking all of us back to our childhood and think about how we were moved by art and music. I remembered those days when it was almost a ritual for my dad and I to go to a bookstore and/or a music store every weekend. Both places, we would go in and spend hours there. I think my interest in photography came from spending hours upon hours looking through the photography books and magazines. When we would go to the music stores, we would listen to totally different type musics and I would choose what I liked and he would, within reasons, purchase them for me. I remembered how happy I was and how much I looked forward to going there every weekend. Those days instilled the love of art and music in me to the present day...

The Art of Elysium is a non-profit organization aiming to help kids battling serious medical conditions through arts, music, comedy, fashion, radio, songwriting and creative writing workshops. Mainly, they encourage artists, musicians and actors to volunteer their time to spend with these children.



I just thought it's such a creative and happy way to brighten up the days for these children. If you are an artist, great but you don't have to be one to help. Please visit their website to see how you can support this wonderful program.

Three to goooo!!!!!

No comments: