Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 8: Coffee Me Home

I am spoiled, I admit. I currently have three bicycles at home. They all do different things but not one of them is used as much as a tool to live.

As I struggle to balance and justify my current way of life, I find it a humbling experience for me to sit down and write my 13 Days to Thanksgiving blogs. I have to keep reminding myself that we are born to be different, to do different things and to accomplish different goals. Collectively, because we are different, we create this 'World'. So, again, to all my readers, strangers or friends, please continue to do the great things that you do and enjoy the benefits of your hard work. Shall you have time left from your responsibilities, then let's go out there and make a difference for deserving others.

Project Rwanda is one the smaller bicycle related projects aiming at helping the Rwandan people through the utilitarian of a Coffee Bike. The project was created by Tom Ritchey after his visit to the country in 2005. I chose to write about this because there are stories within stories that could easily be made into a few movies. Some people in this project found redemption through it and many discovered it a life changing experience. I can ... write on and on about Tom and how he incorporated experiences of this project into how he runs his successful company but I won't. I will just leave you with this short documentary that touched me deeply after I watched it. It's created by Jacob Seigel-Boettner. You are more than welcome to contact me and we can talk about this at length. Until next time ...

No comments: