Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 2: Run for Something Better

11/14/10 - So, I was inspired by my sister who recently ran Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco with Team in Training in honer of her friend Heather. Additionally, somehow, I still do not know exactly how it happened, I agreed to my TNT runner friends to ..... eh ..... run a marathon in 2011.

Ok, enough about 'me'. The second 13 Days to Thanksgiving brought me to this wonderful organization, ING Run For Something Better. It's a known fact that obesity is a huge problem not only here in America but the whole world. Here in the US, 2007-2008 NHANES report stated that obesity affects 17% of our children and adolescents. It's important to encourage our kids to spend more time outdoor with sports that they can enjoy well into their adulthood.

Though I am a cyclist, I have to admit that nothing could be simpler than a sport of running. Plus, there are several studies similar to this one suggesting that we are 'born to run'. So, let's get our kids running (with joy)!

No comments: