Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 6: Tariku

To some of you, what you will be seeing below might be unheard of. For me, I have seen this before...in person.

My friends know that I am struck with 'happy feet' syndrome in that I seem to be traveling all over the world in weird places. Only a few were shared of the reasons why I travel. I am blessed to be surrounded by many doctors, nurses and kindhearted people who are always looking for ways to give back. Being able to travel and volunteer my time with the World Surgical Foundation is definitely something that I hold very close to my heart. From just one mission I was with the team, I witnessed the heartbreaks, fears, the blank stares of dry hope, the tears of joy and the instant gratification of being a part of saving one's life. Experiences I gained from the mission play a large role in shaping the course of my life, my conviction and the person that I want to be.

I am not suggesting that you have to follow my path exactly. I am just asking you to watch two short videos below about Tariku and reflect upon it a little bit. For me, this is one of the reasons why I decided ... out of the blue, of course ... to write my 13 Days to Thanksgiving series.


No comments: